Location : Central London - Leicester Square
Pay rate: £11-12.50/hour Depending on experience, knowledge and skills.
Working hours: Full- time 45 hours a week, Shifts will be scheduled on a rota basis between 6am - 8:30pm. This role involves working early mornings and weekends.
Job purpose: We are looking for Trainee Fish and Meat Assistants who will be preparing fish and meat products for our customers in traditional Japanese styles.
Training is provided, so we are not looking for any experience, we only ask that you come to work with a positive attitude and willingness to learn the art of producing Japanese meat and fish products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Cut, slice and prepare meat and fish in traditional Japanese styles.
- Assemble the food and prepare the food packs ready for customers.
- Assist and support the team in packing and stocking fresh food products and general cleaning.
- Serving customers in friendly and professional manner, quickly and efficiently;
- Having a positive attitude
- We will provide training commensurate with the tasks you are asked to complete.
- This role requires you to stand for your whole shift (excluding breaks)
- Lifting, bending, carrying and stretching on a regular basis
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Passion for working in the kitchen and delivering excellent food quality.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication with colleagues of all levels.
- Experience working in a kitchen environment/ food production
Desirable/ beneficial skills:
- Previous experience with Sushi and Sashimi production
A two hour trial shift will be required before employment is considered. If you have your own sushi/ sashimi knives, please bring this with you to the trial.