Location : Central London - Leicester Square
Pay rate: Up to £31,590 a year depending on Experience and skill level.
Working hours: Full- time 45 hours a week, Shifts will be scheduled on a rota basis between 6am - 8:30pm. This role involves working early mornings and weekends.
Job purpose: We are looking for Fish and Meat Assistants who will be preparing fish and meat products for our customers in traditional Japanese styles.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Cut, slice and prepare meat and fish in traditional Japanese styles.
- Assemble the food and prepare the food packs ready for customers.
- Assist and support the team in packing and stocking fresh food products and general cleaning.
- Serving customers in friendly and professional manner, quickly and efficiently;
- Fulfil any other reasonable duties requested by line managers. Full training will be given on duty.
- Be tidy, clean and hygienic at all times, follow hygiene rules and regulations as per Company’s policies;
- Timely communication on outstanding tasks;
- Having a positive attitude
- Being a strong team player and friendly to your colleagues and management.
- We will provide training commensurate with the tasks you are asked to complete.
- This role requires you to stand for your whole shift (excluding breaks)
- Lifting, bending, carrying and stretching on a regular basis
- Excellent knife skills.
- Have proven kitchen experience in the fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Passion for working in the kitchen and delivering excellent food quality.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication with colleagues of all levels.
- Great customer service skills.
- An understanding of Food Safety standards.
- Ability to multitask with a "hands on" approach to work.
Desirable/ beneficial skills:
- Experience of cutting and preparing meat and fish in traditional Japanese styles - Sushi/ sashimi
- Experience within a Japanese restaurant/ production is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Japanese food and culture
- Understanding of spoken/written Japanese language.
A two hour trial shift will be required before employment is considered.